Sort Case Studies by Sector:
BioVectra - Regis and Joan Duffy Biopharmaceutical Centre
The BioVectra Facility at 11 Aviation Ave. is a 53,500 sq. ft. FDA inspected commercial scale manufacturing plant dedicated to the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API's) and associated intermediates for the pharmaceutical industry in accordance with cGMP requirements.
MCA Consultants Inc. has worked closely with BioVectra to deliver numerous projects at this site originating with the facility's construction in 2002 through several expansions, including a fermentation wing addition, pilot plant expansion, clean lab additions and most recently a 20,000 sq. ft. addition for dedicated pharmaceutical product manufacturing for a japanese pharmaceutical company.
MCA Consultants Inc. was responsible for project management, engineering management, all facility mechanical utility and process systems design in accordance with cGMP requirements, local regulations, and ISPE/FDA Baseline Pharmaceutical Guidelines.
Project requirements include:
• Project budget preparation
• Project schedule preparation and tracking
• Construction administration
• Project scheduling
• Nitrogen gas on site generation/storage, and distribution system.
• HVAC system designed for level 3A clean room protection
• Process reactor piping systems (flammable liquids)
• Process vacuum systems
• Aqueous waste collection and chemical treatment system
• Facility fire protection system
• Facility mechanical utility system (plumbing, heating, steam, HVAC)
• Clean utilities
• Process equipment safety relief systems
• Energy modeling
Total Construction Cost: $30,000,000.00
BioVectra Website: www.biovectra.com