Ahern Manor — Boiler Upgrade
Heritage Gas Ltd
Ahern Manor is an existing low income apartment building in central Halifax, which is owned and operated by the Metropolitan Regional Housing Authority (MRHA). The facility is 10 storeys in height, plus a partial basement, and includes low income family apartments, laundry facilities, and storage areas.
MCA Consultants was the prime consultant responsible for the design of the new heating plant and conversion to natural gas energy.
- Prime Consultant
- Construction Management
- Electrical (collaboration)
- Hydronic Plumbing
Key Design Elements
- Design of New hydronic Heating systems
- Design included conversion to Natural Gas energy
- Demolition of existing boiler plant located in the rooftop penthouse
- Upgrade of the Electrical distribution system within the penthouse and elevator areas