Canada’s Island Garden
Canada’s Island Garden Inc.
245,000 sq.ft. (Greenhouses)
About This Project
Canada’s Island Garden is a Health Canada regulated facility for cultivating, processing, extraction, formulation, filling and packaging of cannabis products is accordance with cGMP requirements. The facility has expanded from an indoor cultivating and drying/packaging facility to a large-scale production and processing facility suitable for international medical grade export markets. In addition to a large greenhouse operation, the facility includes a cGMP processing, packaging, and tissue culture laboratory constructed in accordance with ISO 8 Clean Room requirements.
MCA Consultants Inc. were the prime mechanical design consultant from the project initial conception in 2015 through several phases of construction including a major expansion completed in 2019.
- HVAC Systems including:
- Grow Room Systems
- Greenhouse Dehumidification
- ISO Clean Room Systems
- Chilled Water Systems
- Hazardous Gas Life Safety Monitoring/Alarm Controls
- Plumbing Systems
- Sanitation Systems
- Tender Documentation Preparation
- Process Gases including CO2
- Construction Administration
- Commissioning Services
Key Design Elements
- Building Automation Including 21CFR11 Compliant Environmental Monitoring System Process steam system for products treatment
- Process gases including CO2 system for growing purposes
- Technological chilled water plant for cannabis processing
- Air handling plants for precise air quality, temperature, and moisture levels control for high percent of product outcome, dedicated fan coil units for indoor climate control based on room purpose, etc.
- Complete regular and process water distribution and treatment plants
- Developed sanitary system with acid waste neutralization plant for environment protection
- Dedicated propane storage for stand-alone operation
- Waste Control
- Energy Recovery
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Building Management Control System