Discover your full potential…
Build a career that suits your lifestyle, in a company where your voice matters.
MCA Consultants prides ourselves on the work environment that we provide our employees. Working in an office where you are given project level responsibilities is not the case in all offices, but we feel that the best engineers come from getting a wide variety of work tasks. Our staff are provided with the opportunity to challenge themselves every day as they learn new code information, new CAD techniques, new product specific installation methods, or how to design a specific system.
Join Our Team
Explore our opportunities
Junior Design Engineer (Halifax Office)
This position requires the ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks and the successful candidate will possess qualities of professionalism along with the ability to learn at an accelerated rate.
- Producing CAD documents based on corporate and client standards;
- Design of HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection, and other systems for buildings;
- Design of process, building layouts, code research, and disclosures with supplies, contractors and clients;
- Calculations required to size and spec piping, controls and equipment;
- Engineering reports (PMP’s, DBM’s, Scoping Documents, technical reports);
- Project specifications;
- Drawings (P&ID’s, Plot Plans, Isometrics, Piping Plans, etc.);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Must have a valid P. Eng. designation or eligible to be qualified within 3 years.
- A strong desire to learn and an enthusiasm to grow professionally.
- Thrive in a close TEAM environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit, and general engineering software.
Revit Design Technician (Halifax Office)
We are looking for an experienced BIM Revit Designer to work efficiently under minimal supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment, and lead teams in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches and calculation notes prepared by engineers and clients;
- Generate and design as-build drawings, using Revit in accordance with industry and the company’s internal standards (occasional use of AutoCAD will be required);
- Ensure compliance of drawings with building codes and regulations, and client standards;
- Perform other technical functions in support of engineering activities;
- Lead company initiatives and processes and guide others.
Prerequisite Technical Skills:
- AutoDesk Revit
- Adobe Illustrator
- Architectural and Mechanical background
- Microsoft Office
Stay In Touch
Apply for any of the listed positions by filling out the form below.
Interested in joining the team but not ready to apply or don’t see the right opportunity? MCA Consultants is always looking for talented people to represent our values.
Please upload your resume so we can notify you of future openings that might be of interest.
Active members within the Community we serve, committed to Growing and Learning
MCA Consultants and MCA Staff hold membership in the most relevant technical organizations and societies that shape our industry. We volunteer on Committees and Organizations that develop the Codes, Standards, and Guidelines that Building Officials work within everyday.
Some Examples include:
- ASHRAE Halifax Chapter: Multiple Staff have held Various Board Member positions going back to 2001 including President and Board of Governors);
- UL Standards Technical Panel (STP 4402 – Indoor Air Quality in Buildings and Facilities Utilized for the Cultivation, Production and Processing of Cannabis);
- CSA Technical Committee (CSA Z8004 – Operation and Infection Prevention and Control of Long-Term Care Homes);