Credit Union Place Aquatic/Arena Facility
City of Summerside
This facility includes the construction of an aquatics hall which includes a competitive lap pool, leisure pool and hot tub. It also includes two (2) NHL size ice surfaces with one being a 4,000 +/- seat arena. Conference facilities with supporting commercial kitchen, fitness club and leasable space were also incorporated. The delivery of this project was through fast-track project management process with work completed in phases.
MCA Consultants Inc. were the prime mechanical consultant.
A geothermal heat transfer HVAC system was incorporated in the mechanical systems. This allowed the transfer of heating/cooling energies within the facility to minimize requirement of external energy sources. It also incorporated a geothermal well water system to supplement heating/cooling requirements.
- Air Conditioning
- Pool Water Treatment System
- Heating Refrigeration Plant
- Ventilation Automatic Controls
Key Design Elements
- Multi-Contract Build Process
- Heated Arena
- Geothermal Heat Transfer System
- Heat Recovery from Refrigeration Plant
- Energy Recovery Ventilation Systems