Office Interiors — Office Furniture and Technology Building
Oﬃce Interiors is an Atlantic Canadian company providing office furniture and equipment since 1991. Their Dartmouth location operates a state-of-the-art showroom, showcasing a wide range of premium office furniture and technology.
This project was a design-build where MCA Consultants was hired by the Mechanical Contractor to provide design services for the plumbing and HVAC systems for a new 30,000 sq.ft., three-storey office building. The project was divided into two phases: Phase 1 included the base building design to accommodate future tenant fit-ups with-in the building, and Phase 2 included the second and third floor fit-ups of new office for Office Interiors.
Key Design Elements
- Domestic water supply to the building with water distribution rough-ins for all floors; common supply points were provided for future connection
- Central washrooms and utility room for each floor; design for domestic hot and cold water distribution with central hot water heater on each floor
- Sanitary drainage layout for each floor
- Elevator sump drainage system with hydraulic oil detection system; tied into municipal sanitary system
- HVAC system comprised of dedicated VRF Heating and Cooling systems with condensing roof top units, and electric baseboard perimeter back-up heat for each floor
- Dedicated Energy Recovery Ventilators for each floor to provide minimum code ventilation requirements situated in the respective utility rooms; common ventilation shaft from the ground floor up to the roof was utilized to keep ventilation system centralized and minimize visual impact on building façade
- Reconfiguration of base building HVAC system to accommodate floor plan and reflected ceiling plan
- Modification of existing plumbing system, and re-selection of domestic water heater on the third floor to accommodate extra washrooms with shower stall