Sunrise Manor — Boiler Upgrade
Heritage Gas Ltd
Sunrise Manor is an existing senior citizen apartment building in central Halifax, which is owned and operated by the Metropolitan Regional Housing Authority (MRHA). The facility is 10 storeys in height, plus a basement, and includes senior citizen apartments, cafeteria dining areas, commercial kitchen, laundry facilities, storage areas, and commercial spaces.
MCA Consultants was the prime consultant responsible for the design of the new heating and domestic hot water systems and conversion to natural gas energy, including the design and selection of new commercial kitchen equipment.
- Prime Consultant
- Construction Management
- Electrical (collaboration)
- Hydronic Plumbing
- Controls (Plant Automation)
Key Design Elements
- Design of New Heating and Domestic hot water systems
- Design included conversion to Natural Gas energy
- Demolition of existing boiler plant located in the basement
- Installation of a new plant automation (DDC) system
- Upgrade of the electrical distribution system within the boiler room
- Design and selection of new commercial kitchen equipment