UPEI Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
University of Prince Edward Island
The University of Prince Edward Island constructed a home for the faculty of Sustainable Engineering where students can learn through doing using design clinics and experimental learning. The facility was specifically designed to foster innovations, entrepreneurship, and industry/university collaboration. Also, this facility provides a full engineering degree program with full cycle education. This building combined not only traditional classrooms, but also spaces for design studios, project ideation, industrial innovation bays, metal and wood fabrication shops, students meeting rooms, clean laboratories, computer/CAD simulation areas, and green roof.
MCA Consultants Inc. provided best engineering knowledge to create mechanical systems for this facility.
- Fire Protection
- District heating
- Process cooling
- Automatic Controls
Key Design Elements
- Chilled water plant for design shops, laboratories, etc.
- District heating system for comfort and processes needs
- Large scale air handling systems to provide correct air exchange rates through building spaces.
- VRF heat recovery system for dedicated zone-based temperature control and energy saving
- Grey water recovery system
- Storm water monitoring
- Heat recovery with VRF system
- Energy recovery with Air Handling Units
- Building Management Control System