VIDA Cannabis Canada
J.W. Lindsay Enterprises Ltd
VIDA Cannabis Canada Stellarton is a newly renovated 6 acre building located in Stellarton, NS. This facility was constructed to supply the needs of the medical marijuana industry under the current regulations in Canada.
This facility was unoccupied for eight years prior to the project, and was in considerable neglect. The project included replacing the entire roofing membrane (along with a considerable amount of roof structure), demolition of the existing concrete exterior block walls, upgrade of the existing building structural members, replacement of much of the concrete floors, and build out of the new industrial grow spaces and the supporting office areas, storage, processing, and shipping areas. The facility also required many security upgrades such as reinforced walls, and an elaborate fencing and camera system.
MCA Consultants was responsible for the detailed engineering design, inspection, and commissioning of the facility mechanical systems.
- HVAC (specialty and conventional)
- Piping (specialty)
- Controls (Building Automation)
- Humidity & Temperature Control (Process)
- Health Canada compliance
Key Design Elements
- Clean Air supplied to the facility for growing industrial grade product
- Treatment of Exhaust Air from grow spaces
- Accurate Humidity and Temperature equipment (mechanical and controls)
- Design of Distribution Ductwork
- Specialty systems including CO2 injection, irrigation, plant distribution, Reverse Osmosis water treatment
- Specialty plumbing systems for separation of grow spaces and facility usage
- Specialty air locks and air showers for staff
- Special staff change rooms and shower area
- Office ventilation and plumbing systems.
- Special Building Automation (DDC) Controls for the accurate control of growing environments
- Coordination of equipment with special requirements
- Review of Health Canada documentation requirements