Westmount Manor — Sprinkler Designs
Westwood Manor is a residential building owned and operated by Western Regional Housing Authority (WRHA) which provide affordable housing apartments to senior citizens. The building is 3 storey with 49 units.
MCA Consultants was responsible for ground up design of a sprinkler system to protect the entirety of the building and inhabitants.
- Sprinkler Design
- Code Consulting
- Fire Marshal coordination
Key Design Elements
- Retrofit of existing residential, occupied building
- Sprinkler Design including new sprinkler lateral, sprinkler entrance, branch/main layout, head type/placement, valving, and a Fire Alarm Panel upgrade
- Extensive Code Research was conducted to establish the standards to which the system must be designed for the application—ultimately saving more than $100,000 in construction costs by determining that code requires less demanding system requirements than was expected
- Entire system modelled and hydraulically calculated to ensure functionality and compliance with code requirements (NFPA, NBC)
- Design, construction, and final installed system approved by the Fire Marshal
- Unique piping layout and design of architectural elements to keep systems hidden for a more clean residential appearance